|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
The Gib’Sea 402 is a very capable and fast c.40ft masthead sloop designed by Joubert / Nivelt and built by Gibert Marine near La Rochelle in France. Gib’Sea were acquired by Dufour in 1996, and the brand was discontinued in 2009.
This 402 is the 3 cabin, 2 heads version, sleeping 9 in total - 6 in the 3 cabins and another 3 in the saloon. It comes with a main and two genoas (age unknown, but all in good serviceable condition). The boat has been the subject of iextensive recent work, with much money spent, and is in well above average condition for its age.
Recent work includes the following:
RIGGING AND DECKGEAR
- Standing rigging replaced (2021)
- Running rigging replaced (2021)
- All winches serviced (2021)
- New LED tri-colour masthead light, steaming light and stern light (2021)
- New VHF aerial (2021)
HULL AND TOPSIDES
- Recently anti-fouled after thorough preparation (2021)
- topsides painted to give a shiny, clean appearance (2020)
- New storm hatch fitted to improve light / access to front cabin (2021)
- Cockpit teak sole replaced (2021)
ENGINE / MECHANICAL / ELECTRICAL
- Original Prima Perkins M50 engine has recently received the following:
— New alternator and cam belts (2021)
— New exhaust hose (2021)
— New gearbox (2020)
— New fuel system / piping (2020)
— New Mach Zero throttle cable installed (2021)
- Stern gland repacked (2021)
- New anodes (2021)
- Engine wiring loom replaced and extensive rewiring to binacle instrumentation and supplies to mastfoot connections (2021)
- Bilge pumps (2) and piping replaced (2021)
- Gas alarm (still to be fitted) (2021)
- Recent batteries (2020)
- Garmin Echomap 50S, with European Atlantic Coast map installed (2015)
- refurbishment of saloon and cabin interiors, including new headlining, sole, and varnishing to interior (2020)
- newly upholstered saloon cushions, with fabric available to make matching curtains, if desired (2020)
- new cold water system, including pump, 2 x 200l flexible water bladders and all piping (2020)
- new LED lighting to saloon
- fire extinguishers replaced (2021)
- Cobra MR-F80 VHF radio
- ENO 2-burner gas cooker
- Raymarine auto-pilot with controller on binnacle
There are, as always, still minor things to be dealt with. The most significant of these is that the boat doesn’t have a calorifier / hot water system, as I generally prefer to shower off the boat. However, I recognise some purchasers will want install one. The cost is no more than £1,000.
A recent, and favourable, survey (with most significant identified items attended to) is available to serious potential purchasers on request.
Boat is currently lying in Salcombe, South Devon.
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Perkins Prima M50|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||12.40m|
|Keel type:||Fin Keel|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.